Standing: Mr. Cross, Mr. Bogosian, Mr. Grisanti, Mr. Pulver, Mr. Boothe, Mr. Cole - Seated: Mrs. Howard & Dr. Ralston
All Board of Education meetings for the 2023-2024 academic year are held on Thursdays (workshops at 6:00 p.m. and regular meetings at 7:00 p.m.) in the Board of Education Room, unless noted otherwise.
July 7 (reorganization and regular meeting) - 6:00 p.m.
August 10 - 6:00 p.m.
August 14 - 5:30 p.m. - Executive Session
August 24 - 5:00 p.m.
May 2 - 6:00 pm Official Public Hearing and Budget Presentation followed by Regular Meeting
May 21 - Budget Vote & BOE Election 1-9 p.m.
Meetings to be canceled:
November 23 (Thanksgiving)
December 28 (Christmas)
February 22 (Mid-Winter Recess)
2023-2024 Board Members
Martha Howard, President
Matthew Bogosian, Vice President
Goal #1 – The Board of Education recognizes the right of all Students and Staff to enjoy a safe, secure, consistent, and predictable learning environment. This environment we define as a “culture of safety.”
· We believe providing a culture of safety is paramount to our student's well-being and ability to learn and thrive. Ensuring such is our most fundamental responsibility and charge.
· To this end we commit to providing capital resources and support to all faculty, staff and students.
· We believe our campus facilities, policies and procedures will be consistently monitored and routinely evaluated.
· We believe that every member of our school community will follow the code of conduct.
· We believe in a model of progressive discipline that will be enforced fairly and consistently.
· We believe that within this culture of safety our students will grow, learn, and succeed.
Goal #2 - The Board of Education is committed to increasing the percentage of students who demonstrate mastery of grade level content standards, as measured by standardized assessments in core subjects and by graduation rates.
· We believe that all classes in our district will have an effective, and articulated curriculum that addresses all state and federal standards and will contain achievable, measurable objectives.
· We believe that students will demonstrate a five percentage points increase in grade level proficiency in all academic areas.
· We believe that a formalized and structured tutoring program is essential to the achievement of academic proficiency.
· We believe that 90% of our high school students will graduate in four years.
· We believe that 95% of our high school students will graduate within five years.
Goal #3- The Board of Education is committed to improving communication and building relationships through family engagement. We are committed to increasing the percentage of families who participate in school events and activities by 5% within the next school year, as measured by attendance records and surveys.
· We believe that parents and families have a desire to take an active role in the education of their children.
· We believe that student success is determined by the strength of the relationships between the student, the family, the teacher, the administration, and the support staff.
· We believe that the school has an obligation to host family nights, parent-teacher conferences, and other events that encourage family involvement.
· We believe that the school has an obligation to provide regular communication and updates to families about school events, student progress, and other important information.
· We believe that student success can be improved through the development of strong community partnerships.
· We believe that the school must prioritize equity and access to ensure that all families have the opportunity to participate in school events and activities.